Local Moving Made Easy
Whether you’re moving across the street or across town, a local move can be as stressful as a long-distance one. Make it easier on yourself by calling an experienced local mover. When you call Victory Van, you’ll be one step closer to a headache-free, stress-free move.
When it comes to home moving in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia, we’ve got you covered. We’ll give you a free estimate, provide all the moving supplies, and give you a detailed timeline. All you have to worry about are some pre-move details.
1. Make the Transfer
- Ask your utility company, Internet provider and dish or satellite provider about transferring your services to your new address.
- If utilities and services aren’t available at your new address, get new ones lined up before your move date to ensure you have Internet, lights and TV service at your new home.
- Fill out a change-of-address form at the post office or online.
- Remember that the IRS and motor vehicle administration require their own separate change-of-address forms.
2. Set Aside Essentials
One week before your move pack a box of essentials:
- Coffee, coffeemaker and mugs.
- Sodas and snacks.
- Books, games or decks of cards.
- Medications you take regularly.
- Important documents in a binder or folder.
- Phone and tablet chargers.
- A cooking pot or two.
- Consider packing a suitcase with a week’s worth of clothing, too.
Doing this means you won’t have to scramble around unpacking random boxes when you get to your new place.
3. Learn the Location
If you’re not familiar with the neighborhood or town you’re moving to, start exploring it to find out where some key places are:
- Doctors’ offices and urgent care centers.
- The post office and other government agencies.
- Places of worship.
- Grocery stores, drugstores and shopping centers.
- Walking and biking trails.
4. Downsize and Declutter
It can’t be said often enough, but moving is a great opportunity to figure out what you really want and need in your new home. If it’s a smaller space, be especially diligent about decluttering. At the same time, don’t feel like you have to give up your prized possessions.
- Consider storing valuable items you don’t want to sell or donate.
- Victory Van offers short- and long-term storage in our own secure, climate controlled warehouses.
- If you’re worried about your family heirlooms, let Victory’s skilled and careful packers keep them safe every step of the way.
4. Keep it Safe
- When packing, always wear gloves and rubber-soled, closed-toe shoes to protect your feet from debris, sharp items and falling objects.
- If it’s raining or snowing when you move, have some old towels on hand to keep the floors dry.
- Victory Van’s employee owners can handle a move in any kind of weather.
5. Proper Placement
- Make sure your boxes are all labeled according to the room they’ll go in.
- On moving day, have the movers place them in the correct rooms to speed unpacking later.
- If you’ve hired Victory Van to move you, you won’t have to worry about where to dispose of all your cardboard and tape. With our Victory Crates, there’s no mess and we pick them up when you’re finished.
- After the move, relax and enjoy your new home.
Make the Move with Victory
Only Victory Van offers the convenience, professionalism and dedicated customer service that an employee-owned company can. We’ve been in business for almost a century and we’re routinely rated one of the top movers in the country.
If you’re planning a local move, big or small, call Victory Van today and discover the difference that experience makes.
About: Victory Van provides moving and storage services with warehouse locations in Alexandria Va, Dulles VA, Frederick Md and Gaithersburg Md. Contact Victory Van for speciality moves, storage and more.