Managing & Storing Medical Records
Proper management of your medical records will not just make your work easier, it’s also the law, so discover how Victory Archives can streamline your record keeping and ensure you’re legally compliant.
Why You Need Medical Records Storage
Are you and your staff drowning in paper? Maybe you and your employees have to take time away from patient care and business-related work to spend time trying to properly file and store all that paperwork.
If so, call Victory Archives today. We’ll get you started on a solution for streamlining the paper piles that will take the paper load off of you and your overstretched employees.
What Do You Need to Store?
Health providers’ offices are inundated with records and other items that require careful storage. Victory’s dedicated warehouse and archival space securely stores:
- Clinical records
- Business and administrative paperwork
- X-ray films
- Pathology slides
- Laboratory results
- Prescription orders
- Patient charts
- and everything else your business uses
Management Made Easy
Victory Archives provides skilled, knowledgeable management of all your medical records. We can set up a straightforward system that your staff will find simple to use, saving you time, money and resources.
Our clients include:
- Major hospital systems
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Single-provider practices
- Walk-in clinics
- Stand-alone surgical centers
- Psychiatric and other mental health offices
- Addiction treatment centers
- Dental offices
Get Hip to HIPAA
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) provides guidelines that providers should use to handle medical records (MR) and private health information (PHI). Some examples include the following.
- All facilities should use a tracking and logging system for MR and PHI when they’re in use, in storage or being moved.
- MR and PHI should be stored in a controlled-access, secure facility that is locked and alarm-monitored.
- When moving MR and PHI from one location to another, patients’ identities must be hidden throughout the move.
While many physicians and other health providers still use paper, and many patients still prefer it, electronic record-keeping is the norm.
CPOE (computerized physician order entry) and electronic health records (EHR) have made it much easier to track and find health information. For patients trying to get their records, confirm a prescription or schedule follow-up appointments, it’s extremely helpful to have that data easily available.
Healthcare providers also find it invaluable to track each patient’s history when making treatment decisions and other recommendations.
Now imagine if that data’s security were breached. It would be a disaster.
Don’t let that nightmare keep you awake. Victory Archives is the right choice, rely on our specialized training and experience in handling, transporting and storing medical records and private health data.
Your Healthcare Partner
Victory Archives is a reliable partner in your healthcare business. As a doctor, nurse, dentist, office administrator or allied health professional, your focus should be on giving your patients the best care possible. Don’t let worries about document storage distract you from your valuable, essential work.
Call Victory Archives and we’ll set up a records retention plan that will:
- Ensure HIPAA-compliant security
- Allow controlled access to your documents
- Keep records safe in our secure, monitored storage vaults
- Free up your staff’s time, and yours
- Keep your patients’ privacy protected
Clear the Way
If you’re a healthcare provider or you manage an office for one, call Victory Archives today. We’ll clear the way through the paper stacks and make records management a breeze.