As with any big project, a move is a lot easier if you start planning early. Pre-move packing will save you time and money. It will also save your nerves from being totally frazzled on moving day.
In this post we'll talk about the little things you can do to make your move - before, during and after - just a little bit easier. And at the end, we have a free Moving Guide to help you prepare! Keep reading!
If you prefer to do your own pre-move packing, Victory Van can provide you with all the packing crates and material you need.
On the other hand, you might choose to take it easy and leave all the wrapping and packing to Victory’s trained pros.
Regardless of what you decide to do, you'll need....
The Right Containers
- Specialty crates for dishware and china
- Protective wrapping for your upholstered furniture
- Extra-sturdy wardrobe cartons
- Our patented, reusable Victory Crates that are much more durable than cardboard boxes
- Custom crating for antiques and artwork
- Quilted pads to protect your walls and furniture
- Special cartons for mattresses, glass tabletops and other hard-to-move items
- All tape, strapping, pads, dollies and moving equipment
The Right Moves
- The earlier the better. Start as soon as you know you’re going to move and do a little at a time.
- Donate or ditch. Take a critical eye to your belongings to lessen your packing load.
- Handle with care. Your antiques and collectibles deserve special handling, and Victory Van can help you with that.
- Make reservations. When you call to book your movers, remember to make arrangements for moving large, delicate items like pianos. Victory is expert at moving those, too.
- Paperwork. Set aside vital financial and legal documents so they don’t get lost in the shuffle.
The Right Lists
- Keep tabs on which accounts you’ve updated with your new address.
- If self-packing, number each carton and make a list of what’s in it so you can tell right away where something belong.
- Keep a list of utilities to call and note down when you should schedule a service move or cutoff.
The Right Call
- We start with a no-cost, no-obligation estimate.
- We offer two pricing options so you can pick the one that makes sense for you.
- You get one point of contact at our company who will keep you informed about every step of your move.
- We pick up and deliver on your schedule, whether you want it done in one day or two.
- Not just weekend movers, these are highly trained professionals.
- Our packers are efficient enough to work with small crews, which saves you time and money.
- You’ll experience the level of customer care you only get with an employee-owned company.