Moving to McLean
Home to diplomats, politicians and ambassadors, McLean is one of the longest-established, best-known suburbs of Washington, D.C.
If you’re contemplating a move to McLean, let a local mover who knows the ropes make it easy for you. Victory Van has been moving people in and out of McLean and other Virginia cities for over half a century.
Living in McLean
In McLean, you’ll find wide, leafy avenues, beautiful old homes, and places like Hickory Hill, the former home of Ethel Kennedy, and Salona, home of Revolutionary War hero Harry Lighthorse Lee.
McLean’s Langley Park neighborhood is where the Central Intelligence Agency has its headquarters.
Facts about McLean
- Population 54,000.
- Median home price $900,000.
- Median family income $220,000.
- Named for John Roll McLean, former owner of the Washington Post.
McLean is part of the Fairfax County public school system, one of the top school systems in the country. McLean also has several world-famous private schools including the Madeira School and the Potomac School.
Nearby universities include George Mason University, Georgetown, American University and George Washington University.
McLean’s closeness to Washington, D.C., makes it easy to take part in that city’s wealth of museums, theater, arts, live entertainment and dining options. McLean is also a day trip away from other major cities including:
Virginia is for lovers of the outdoors, and the McLean area is no exception. For hiking, camping, fishing, kayaking and boating, don’t miss
- Great Falls State Park;
- Shenandoah National Park;
- the Blue Ridge Parkway.
If you like some history with your outdoor adventures, you’ll want to visit the Booker T. Washington National Memorial Park in nearby Hardy, the Robert E. Lee memorial in next-door Arlington, and the Claude Moore Colonial Farm right in McLean.
Drink It In
Thomas Jefferson once predicted that Virginia would become a wine paradise, and he was proven right. Virginia is justly famous for its wines, but in recent years craft beers have emerged as a strong contender. Naturally, all that good beer and wine needs good food to go with it. The McLean area offers excellent restaurants of all types.
Moving to McLean?
If you’re moving to McLean, you should spend your time exploring your new neighborhood, not worrying about packing and driving. Let an experienced mover like Victory Van take that worry out of your hands.
Why Choose Victory?
- Traffic in the D.C. area is fast, tricky and congested, but we’ve been driving in it for so long, none of it fazes us.
- Some McLean neighborhoods have moving restrictions, and we’ve worked with them all.
- If you need short- or long-term storage during your McLean move, we can provide it in a secure warehouse space with controlled access.
Make the Most of a McLean Move
Moving is always stressful, even when you’re moving to a lovely place like McLean. Let us take that stress on while you enjoy your new home and your new neighborhood. With Victory Van you get
- experience that counts when it comes to moving in Northern Virginia;
- our no-excuses guarantee;
- safe, speedy packing and delivery of all your items, from the largest to the most fragile;
- specialized moving of antiques, pianos, pool tables and other specialty items;
- the customer service you expect from an employee-owned company.
If you’re ready to go, give us a call. We’ll get you and your belongings across the water, across the country or across the world, and bring them all safely to McLean or anywhere else.
About: Victory Van provides moving and storage services with warehouse locations in Alexandria Va, Dulles VA, Frederick Md and Gaithersburg Md. Contact Victory Van for speciality moves, storage and more.